April 21, 2010

SCORE! - or not.

Apparently, there are a couple - dare I say Benefits - to being a working mom. And most of them involve the internet.

Actually it all involves the internet.

I don't think that cherishing the time I do have with Lovie is a benefit to being a working mom because I'm here to scream it to the world if I need to: I love my daughter with everything I have, everything I am and even when I was home with her I cherished every friggin moment - from the screaming to the pooping to the cuddles to the smiles. EVERYTHING. I wasn't, nor will I ever be, one of those moms that wishes time would go by faster. I know you know who I'm talking about: The ones who are "bored" because they have a newborn who "sleeps all the time." You know, the ones who also bitch up a storm because those same "boring" newborns who were sleeping all the time, suddenly start waking every two hours at night... The ones who aren't really satisfied until their child has completely conformed to their life.

And if you happen to be one of those moms, I apologize if something I said or say might offend, but frankly, why did you have a child? I just will never understand the complaining (I mean, yes, even I've cried about being tired, for example, but not every day... and, of course, I'm not talking about postpartum depression either). What do people think happens when they have a child? I mean, REALLY. Or is that the problem? That a lot of people don't think about it - other than they want this little mini version of themselves to dress up and take places to show off like a trophy?!

Gross.

Oh my did I digress. My apologies.

Anyway. Back to the Benefits of being a working mom... at least one who has a desk job of sorts. The time I'm able to spend online while at work as opposed to when I'm home is incredible:
  • The other week I figured out how to make the banner at the top of my page. All while at work. It's not perfect, but it'll do for me. And yes, that's mine and Lovie's hand. :)
  • Today I ordered a cute (at least it better be once I get it) butterfly mobile I plan to put above Lovie's changing table... and I got it for almost half off. I also ordered, from a different website, 6 more pair of baby leggings since A) they're fucking cute (and poo on you if you don't think so), B) they're awesomely convenient for diaper changes, C) they were more than 1/2 off each (2 pair were actually 75% off!!).
SCORE!

But! While I'm proud of my purchases and enjoy being online, I'd trade it all in a heartbeat to be with Lovie right now. In.a.heartbeat.

Gah.

Never mind what I said about there being benefits to be a working mom. Nothing compares to holding my baby girl, to watching her discover new things, to comforting her when she's unhappy, to changing her stinky diapers, to feeding her empty tummy. NOTHING compares to the time one can spend with their child.

And now I'm in tears.

Three hours my little love bug... God give me the strength.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

    Except for the baby leggings. :)

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.