May 27, 2011

Amen

from Positive Parenting: Toddlers and Beyond on Facebook:


If I had my child to raise over again -

I'd build self-esteem first and the house later
I'd finger paint more and point the finger less


I would do less correcting and more connecting
I'd take my eyes off my watch and watch with my eyes
I would care to know less and know to care more


I'd take more hikes and fly more kites
I'd stop playing serious and seriously play
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars


I'd do more hugging and less tugging
I'd see the oak tree in the acorn more often
I would be firm less often and affirm much more


I'd model less about the love of power
And more about the power of love.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is awesome. I think I also embody it most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this sentiment re-invented a thousand times. And each fresh way of relaying the message catches my attention, mostly because I need the reminder constantly. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.