November 15, 2012

Cray Cray

Lovie is a talker. She always has been. I swear she said her first word (Kitty- or a form of it) at like six months, followed shortly thereafter by Da-da on Father's Day. Granted, I don't think she really meant daddy, but her timing was pretty badass.

But that's Lovie for you. She's pretty badass for an almost 3-year-old.



The other day when we were home and I was changing her pull-up (cuz she's not badass enough to have potty trained herself yet), she looked me in the eyes and said, "Mama you cray cray."

"Excuse me?" I said, trying not to erupt in laughter and wondering if my ears heard her correctly.

"You cray cray, mama," she said.

"I'm cray cray?"

She laughed. I laughed. Loudly. So much so I had to hold my stomach for a moment.

"Where did you hear that?" I asked her, knowing very well it came from school.

"Anthony tells Kaitlin she's cray cray." (Two her class/playmates at school.)

Again, I laughed.

"What did Kaitlin say to Anthony?"

"She says to Anthony 'I no cray cray!'"

"So now I'm cray cray?"

We both laughed loudly.



 
5.) Tell us and/or show us something that made you smile this week.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love those little conversations with my babies. A little silly heart-to-heart! :) Visiting from Mama Kat's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no cray, cray! I'm in love with Lovie! Thanks for the smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure there is nothing more hilarious then listening to young children talk to each other! :) And even funnier when they pick up on these things and repeat them back to us! :) SOOOOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too cute, I have a 2 year old that is always saying something new to catch me off guard......and usually when I'm changing her diaper, go figure lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny. I actually just used that term in today's blog and I said after it "that's what the kids are saying these days". I guess it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny are these almost three year olds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lovie! My 5 year old does a dramatic reading of "Girl you so cray-cray. No! You the cray cray one! You a cray-cray cat lady!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Lovie! Oh my god; she is so cute and this story made me smile! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.