January 18, 2012

Dear Bryan Adams,

I can't even believe that I'm about to write what I'm about to write: I skipped out on the show last night.

: (

Big whoop, right? I mean, what do you care? You don't know me so no love lost; I'm sure you still went on and rocked the Chicago Theatre and all your fans in attendance just fine. I just so happened not to be one of them.

And for me, that sucks. Hard.

I love you, man. I love seeing you live because I love seeing your passion come to life right in front of my eyes. It's infectious- the love you have for your music. Hell, even my black husband (not that black folk can't enjoy your music; we just always joke around that you spot him at the shows because he's easy to spot in a sea of white folk, heh) likes you and respects you after I've dragged him to several concerts. The last one we went to was back in May 2009 and it was by far, the most amazing show I've seen from you because it was just you, your voice, your guitar, and a piano player.  It was the way music was meant to be heard live, I feel. Not to be too corny here, but it was like being in Heaven for me seeing you live, raw, and so intimate.  Yup, that show was back when I was a couple months pregnant with the love of my life who, by the way, is part of the reason I missed the show last night.

She's been a little feverish and super clingy. And that means Mama (that's me) has to rock her to sleep. I mean, of course I don't have to rock her to sleep but she seems to love it (when she's sick) as do I, so I gotta take advantage of the cuddles while I can. Cuz she's 2 and you'll see when your little Mirabella Bunny is 2 how 2 year olds roll. They're these little firecrackers. Hehe, so friggin much fun to be around, but they can be tiring, too. And look out if they don't get their way. So when you can grab snuggles from them, you do. And that's what I've been doing the past couple days.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your time in Chicago and I hope the fans treated you right so that you come back again soon... and hopefully you left last night cuz it's damn cold this morning.

Cheers,
christina

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind.