January 4, 2011

memories

I really love the idea of having something tangible for Lovie to have when she's older about when she was a baby...Something she can really touch and see. So when I saw that I could get a customized (somewhat) book for her, I snatched it up.



first customizable page- click to enlarge


And since I got it for her 1st birthday, I figured what would be better than using the book as a sign in for all the guests at her party. It worked out awesomely. Sure I've got the cards people gave with their gifts but a) not everyone gave cards and b) I suck at scrapbooking. So I told a couple guests that I had the book with markers and asked that they signed the inside front cover or inside back cover and pass it along. And they all did so while eating and while we opened gifts.


inside front cover



close-up inside front cover: "...most beautiful girl...", "...best granddaughter..."

inside back cover- even has some pizza stains! :)


close-up inside back cover: "...most gorgeous..."
Really. How friggin sweet are people to make comments like that knowing that my baby doll will sit down and read this for years to come? I about cried when I read all these.

We're really so blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Awww...what a wonderful sweet idea. Having everyone sign it was a stroke of genius. She'll treasure this for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I'm going to steal this and use this for a 2nd birthday or something!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.