August 23, 2012

so glad you're back!

Forever now, we've been reading to Lovie any chance we could.

It started right after we found out she was a girl and I picked up a book that soon became my favorite: I Love You So...  I read that book every night whilst Lovie curled up inside of me. And, a couple weeks after she was born (after we got into a groove with her schedule and whatnot), we started reading to her again and soon, it became part of her bedtime routine.

Shortly after learning to walk and turning one, Lovie even started requesting we read to her:

can you believe how little she once was? WOW was she cute. still is but WOW.

Which, of course, we obliged.

Happily.

Joyfully.

Life is amazing with a little one sitting in your lap listening to you read, looking at pages, etc. Amazing and beautiful and perfect.


Shortly after Lovie turned two, bedtimes became a struggle and she lost interest in us reading to her. We implemented a new routine which allowed her to do what she wanted for a couple minutes before bedtime and soon, bedtimes became less of a struggle again.

But we weren't reading.

Occasionally she'd ask us to read on the weekends but for the most part, books just sat on the shelf.

It made me sad; I really missed reading to her.


The past couple of weeks, something has changed with Lovie again. Now, she'll ask, "Can I sit in your lap and you read to me?"

"Of course, baby!" I say, scooping her up and into my lap.

She's such a big girl now. She now sits there and "reads" (or sings) along with me. She now asks questions and points to different things in the book in such a Big-Girl-no-longer-baby way.

And I love it.

Life is amazing with a little one sitting in your lap listening to you read, looking at pages, etc. Amazing and beautiful and perfect.

Welcome back!

1 comment:

  1. Reading is the only time I get some serious cuddles. I love, Love, LOVE reading to Babygirl while she sits on my lap. We will read several books, and I'll miss the days when she's "too old" "too cool" or whatever to sit on my lap and read together. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.