March 23, 2011

BLURB

I'm getting super duper excited about something that I've been meaning to do for ... YEARS!! Turn a blog into a book!

In 2007 I designed and created our wedding album for a fraction of the price it would've cost us to have a wedding photographer do so and did this via one of my favorite websites- Blurb. Some time later they announced that they could turn blogs into books. How freaking cool is that?! I thought. But why on earth would I want to turn my ramblings about my boring life into a book? Still, I kept it in the back of my mind that it was an option.

Then in July of 2008 I got pregnant and created a blog with the intention of turning it into a book for my future child. Sadly, that pregnancy ended too soon and I created another blog to deal with that loss... but there's no need to turn that into a book.

When I got pregnant again in April of 2009, I created yet another blog for that pregnancy and kept it private because I was extremely ... cautious about the pregnancy. The more time passed and the bigger Lovie grew, the more I catered that blog to be hopefully read one day by my her. And about a month or so before Lovie was due, I created yet another (private) blog (love me some blogger eh?) in which I envisioned writing directly to Lovie and turning it into a book (basically using the blog in lieu of a "baby book").

So there you have it... I've been thinking about this for years and now I'm finally going to do it. Well, I'm going to start at least. Lord knows the wedding album took months and months to finalize, so I'm sure Lovie's book(s) will take some time, too.

I plan to start with Lovie's book - from birth to a year old. My goal is to have it ready to print by her 2nd birthday. I plan on downloading the software tonight and working on it whenever Lovie's sleeping (too bad I couldn't download it here at work).

Anyway, all of that got me to looking through her blog and I thought I'd share last year's entries (from one year ago this week):

     March 22, 2010 (click image to enlarge to read):


     March 23, 2010 (entry was too long to take a screen shot so c&p below):
12 weeks: I smile
Today marks week 12 of your beautiful life... and next Monday you'll be THREE MONTHS OLD!
I miss you so much, baby girl. I really hate bringing you to daycare every day. I hate it so much but I won't let on to you that I hate it. Instead, I scoop you up into my arms and snuggle you for a minute and talk gently to you, telling you that it's time to go to school. I smile all the time at you...

Even though inside I'm crying hysterically because I just want to hold you, play with you, feed you, outside I smile as I get you strapped into your car seat.
I smile as you suck on your Binky and look up at me as if to say, "What's going on now, Momma?"
I smile and tell you that you're a big girl and big girls go to school while Momma's go to work.
I smile even though inside I want to drop to the floor and curl into a ball over having to do this.
I smile as I talk to you as we leave the apartment. As I carry strapped-in-the-car seat-you down the stairs, I smile as I count out loud each step I hit: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 (then landing then) 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8 (then landing then) 1-2-3-4-5-6 (then lobby).
I smile as I set strapped-in-the-car seat-you onto the floor and unfold the stroller base.
I smile as I pick strapped-in-the-car seat-you up off the floor and snap you into the stroller base.
I smile as I tell you that it's going to be cold when I open the door and that we're off to the car and then to school.
I smile as I push you down the street(s) to the car.
I smile when I place strapped-in-the-car seat-you into the car seat base.
I smile when I fold the stroller base up and put it in the back hatch.
And when I sit down in the driver seat in the car and start it, I smile then, too, and announce "Here we go baby doll."

I smile because I love you so much and I don't want you to worry even for a moment. I don't know if babies as small as you even know how to worry just yet but you're growing so fast and absorbing so much and from your expressions, I really do think you can at least wonder at this point -if not worry. And I don't even want you to wonder if something’s wrong.

I want you to feel safe and secure and loved and adored at all times.

So I smile - and will continue to smile - when I drop you off at daycare ... even though inside I want to scream and shout that it's not fair and that I just want to care for my baby.
     March 26, 2010 (click image to read):

     Pictures referenced in above screen shot:
 
 
 
DISCLAIMER: Blurb has given me nothing, has asked nothing of me, etc. This is not an advertisement for Blurb. I'm not getting paid to do this, I'm not getting anything for free to do this (though I certainly wouldn't mind, ha!). I'm doing this of my own free will because I'm super duper freaking excited about this!
 
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com Top Baby Blogs

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to let me know how you like it. That's what I'm planning to do with my baby blog too.

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.