March 5, 2012

Oh Nick Jr!!!

I've ranted about this before- how Nick Jr. will just BAM! change their schedule. It's ridiculous because it happens very often, but it's something I've come to expect.

However, this time, you've crossed the line, Nick Jr. And without any kind of warning.

Why on earth would you get rid of Moose and Zee? What the hell is the purpose of showing Dora 16 hours a day? Why is Ni-Hao, Kai-Lan being aired at midnight and not on On Demand?!?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?

At first I thought it was me. Maybe I was overreacting. It's television for crying out loud. But then the more I looked around, the more I saw angry parents.

You could've at least warned us.

If you and yours enjoy (or enjoyed) Nick Jr's programming and are upset by the drastic changes, check out this petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/nick-jr-bring-moose-and-zee-back

5 comments:

  1. One would think that a channel whose entire viewer base is small children (and the parents who care for them) would understand the grave impact of an abrupt schedule change. I can only imagine the tantrums endured across the country. Lame, Nick Jr, lame-o.

    (the 16 hours of Dora was probably for kids like my kid who really would watch 16 hours in a row if I let her).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you click on that petition, you can read some of the thoughts by parents... comments about how their 4 year old cried because he thought his friends (moose and zee) left w/out saying good-bye! i mean, REALLY!

      and yeah Dora is MONEY for them. i totally get it and it wouldn't bother me so much if some of the other shows (like Kai-Lan) were at least available On Demand so we could choose not to watch Dora.

      Delete
  2. Moose and Zee gone?? That was one of the few cartoons I could bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, that's what set Nick Jr apart from Sprout and Disney or other kid channels! plus the kids actually LEARNED about counting and shapes and seasons and stuff from Moose and Zee. it's just a really crappy move on the part of Nick Jr... especially since they already have a regular Nickelodeon!!

      Delete
  3. what a waste. well, I will tell you what ladies... our family simply NO LONGER WATCHES Nick Jr. It's the only way maybe we will eventually get through to them.

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.