March 12, 2012

a weekend listicle

10 things from the Weekend: a Listicle

linking this photo up with The Paper Mama

* Lovie and I stopped off at the park on Friday; we were the only people there. It was cold so I put a pair of baby legwarmers on her arms and hands so her hands wouldn't get so cold (hence the robotic look in the photo).  While she was climbing one of the ladders, she lost her foot and landed- crotch first- onto one of the bars. Oh dear MY crotch was hurting after that. I felt so bad for her but she wanted to keep playing and went ahead and climbed the same ladder again. Rock star kiddo.

* Saturday morning, the hubs took Lovie to gymnastics while I stayed home to clean and wait for the gas company which never showed. After they got back home, Lovie asked to take a nap (seriously) so she took one and shortly after she woke, my mom came over. While she was napping, the hubs told me how it had been one of the best days of his life. "She was so happy!" he said. Turns out they were early to gymnastics so they stopped at the park near the gymnastics place since it was so beautiful out.  When it was time to leave for gymnastics, Lovie asked to stay at the park so they did. And they played and climbed and swung and slided.  "She was just so happy," he said. "She would do something and laugh about it and she was just so happy. It was the greatest day of my life." It was awesome listening to him gush. "That's why we stop off at the park so much," I commented. "Because it really does make her so happy."

* After "Gamma" came, we talked about going back to the park. Friday's cold temperatures turned upward. It was beautiful out. We never made it out, though. Instead we all played Tea Party until a pizza arrived. Then we ate and watched a little TV before putting Lovie to bed and rushing out the door. Gamma was spending the night so the hubs and I went to a movie- Project X. Lovie will never be leaving the house without us.

* Yesterday was incredible. The temperature reached 70, there were no clouds in the sky, the birds were chirping like crazy. An absolute picture perfect day. Lovie, Gamma, and I headed out to the park pretty early. I wanted to bottle the day it was so perfect. When we got home, fresh, homemade waffles were waiting for us- thanks the hubs.
Gamma got Lovie this Tea Set for Easter- this photo is from February when she was playing with it at her cousin's house

* We chatted for a bit, Lovie poured everyone tea. The sun beamed in, the cats stretched in the sun puddles. My mom and I played Words with Friends even though we sat across the table from one another and could've just played Scrabble.


* I made ham and egg cups (so damn easy and good) and potatoes for lunch. We all chowed down despite just having had waffles a couple hours prior.

* Lovie went down for a nap. Gamma left to go home. I took a nap.

* I woke, then Lovie woke and we had some Doritos.

* We thought about going back outside, out to the park. The weather was just so unbelievably perfect. I'm generally not an outdoorsy type of person; I don't mind sitting my fat ass inside. But there was just something about this weekend, about yesterday that made me want to be outside. At one point, I even commented to the hubs how I kind of wished we had a deck or a backyard; I wanted to go out, but I didn't want to walk 6 blocks to the park. So Lovie and I watched Bubble Guppies while Daddy made some sugar cookies.


* I gave Lovie a bath and washed her hair and fell even more in love with the Mixed Chicks hair products we got the other week. Man, does the shampoo smell good. Man, does the conditioner kick ass and make it easier to comb through her hair. Man, does the leave-in conditioner work nicely. And man oh MAN do I LOVE the tangle-tamer spray for the next day. This line of products is sincerely worth every single penny. It's not cheap but a little of each goes a long way and Lovie's hair is just way more manageable.


How was your weekend?

13 comments:

  1. I hate bubble guppies. And it's so scientifically inaccurate. But yes, gorgeous, GORGEOUS days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, they aired an episode with cows ... and they all had fish tails. IT WAS SO RIDICULOUSLY DISTURBING TO ME. but otherwise, i really do love the show. the songs are sooo catchy and i find it like a toddler version of SNL- it's a bunch of sketches. ;)

      Delete
  2. Your weekends sound so lovely. Isn't it amazing how kids can go on forever at the playground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! Those kids hair products look so cute, I want them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great weekend. by the way, i LIVE for the day my son asks for a nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe yes, we're very very VERY lucky with this one ;)

      Delete
  5. I've never seen the Mixed Chicks products before, and I'm glad to hear they work well.
    What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a great weekend!
      thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. That is so very sweet that your H's best day of his life was all because of his LO's unbridled happiness at the park. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Time to share a pot of tea. Some for you. Some for me. Let's take turns and always say please and thank you."

    Ada sings along WITH the British accent. Glad you had a sweet weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your weekend sounds so fun! I can't imagine my son asking for a nap!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.