March 15, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby OH!


This morning went down like most others: after I got out of the shower, I went into Lovie’s room, turned off the sound machine, opened her closet door and turned on the light and continued getting ready before returning a couple minutes later to an open-eyed, very bed-headed little girl.

I got her dressed, she brushed her teeth while I tried fixing her mop. I deposited her onto our bed so she could cuddle with sleeping Daddy while drinking some milk and watching a few minutes of Sesame Street while I got dressed and gathered our stuff for the day.

Sesame Street ended and it was time to get her jacket on, say goodbye and give hugs and kisses to Daddy, and go.

“Baby!” she exclaimed as the latest (adorable) Huggies commercial came on- the one with all the dads sitting in recliners holding onto their babies as they slept to show how Huggies don’t leak.

I finally got the TV turned off, her jacket on, we said our goodbyes and got down to the car.

“Honey?” I said, buckling her into her car seat.  “Do you know where babies come from?”

A little smirk quickly washed over her face.

“IdunnobutIjustsawsome* on da tee-bee,” she answered.

“Oh, from the TV,”  I repeated.

She smiled some more and said, “Anddaygoto* da park on da swings!”

“And they’re at the park on the swings,” I repeated, nodding my head in agreement, smiling as I thought about how insanely smart she is.

“Yes!” she said, still smiling while cradling her sippy cup in one arm while holding a pinecone she calls an Acorn in her other hand. She looked away from me, still smiling, and I could see her thinking about her visit to the park the other day when she collected the pinecone with Daddy, when she said Hi to all the babies she asked to kiss.

This little chica is such a people person. She loved the bigger kids when she was a baby and now (2) she loves the bigger kids and the babies, too. She’s always commenting on “awwww how coot” the babies are, always going right up to them at the park, always wanting to swing next to them as she waves and says Hi to them. She’s got a couple baby dolls at home that she’ll carry around with her, tuck into a bed, wrap in a blanket, push in her little stroller.

My sweet baby girl, who will tell me, “I your baby,” when I ask if she’s a big girl says that babies come from the TB and the park (on the swings). And I totally agree with her and will have to remember to tell her so when she asks me where they come from one day in the future!


*she sometimes mumbles a bunch of words together super fast as if they were one word (usually in a higher pitch, always impossible to decipher) before the main words come out so this is just my interpretation of what that mumble is


4.) Are you feeling brave? Ask your child where babies come from and share their answers.
________________________________________________________________________________ 


Also, if you'd like more, check out #7 in this week's yeah write.

________________________________________________________________________________

15 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I wish I could see their thoughts in their heads sometimes!
    visiting from Mama Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i wish i could just have a camera on her 24/7. :)

      Delete
  2. PJ loves babies. We were at Kohls last night and someone had a baby in a car seat and he was all "BABY MOM!! LOOK!! BABY!" And then he goes "baby in the belly" while looking at my belly. NO BUDDY. No baby in mama's belly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. babies really are the best! and it sounds like someone doesn't want mama to be two and through. ;)

      Delete
  3. I bet the answers people get would be hilarious! I think it's funny how many toddlers are interested in babies. I've had so many people stop us recently and show their kids the baby or their kids will run up to see him. They're really into it which is so fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's cuz babies are smaller than them, but not much. so they they think they're sooo cooot. ;)

      Delete
  4. Z loves babies, but he's so rough, I always think he's going to hurt one, knock her over, squeeze too hard. I am giggling at your deciphering the mumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh, yeah, Lovie is soooooo gentle. it sometimes amazes me how sweet and gentle she can be. SUCH A GIRL. ;)

      Delete
  5. How precious! I miss those days when they said such adorable, innocent things. My boys are 12 and 8 now and some of the stuff that comes out of their mouth blows my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah that's why i'm gonna hold on to these convos for as long as i possibly can. ;)

      Delete
  6. She sounds so adorable. I love how little kids seem to have all the answers. :-)

    Stopped by from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she is. incredibly adorable. ;) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Oh who doesn't love babies? Everytime I see a baby I want to pinch it - that's terrible - but in a good way...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when babies start falling in love with babies. It's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.