March 26, 2012

Favorite post

Recovering from some sort of stomach thing that dominated my life yesterday, I've been laying in bed all day today (sooo tired despite being in bed all day yesterday- argh!) linked to the outside world via my phone, and the Twitter is where I learned of today's interesting link-up:



For their anniversary, they've asked us to link up with them our favorite posts. Psshaw. This one wasn't so hard for me to think about. I write a lot and it's all from my heart and pretty much unfiltered, but the post that came straight to mind as my favorite post is I'm Fat written in August of 2011. There's even a picture of how fat I am. Yay. But seriously, I wrote that post for many reasons- mainly as a way to scream at the top of my lungs that it's possible to be of an "abnormal" size and still be happy. And it's possible to be fat and still have a toddler and teach that toddler to love who she is and not what size she is or what color her skin is or whether or not her clothes come from Nordstrom's.

There are so many pressures on us to be perfect beings despite all of us knowing damn well perfection isn't possible. Just live life, man. Live life to the fullest. For today. Because tomorrow is just not guaranteed, sadly. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up Christina, heading right over to read it!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.