September 23, 2011

Growing

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Go a little overboard encouraging the writer who linked up before you.

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Growing…

START:
My love for you keeps growing. I’m not sure how this is possible when I love you so stinkin much today. And so stinkin much yesterday. Yet it’s true; I’ll love you even more tomorrow. It’s crazy, really. Something I never really imagined… existing. This love. I remember your dad once asking me if I thought my parents loved me the way I love you. I don’t think so. I didn’t hesitate with my answer either. How awful, but that’s how I feel. I honestly cannot fathom someone loving another the way I love you. Even though it’s happening everywhere, all the time. The love between a mother and child. The way it grows each and every day. And just when you think it can’t grow anymore, you do something so … unbelievable at the time and my heart wants to explode from my chest. Because as you grow, I grow. My love grows. Like when you look at me and say, Tank You Mama when I give you a Possicle (popsicle) after dinner. My heart wants to explode from the love. I nearly cry on a daily basis because of some of the things you do or say. Just yesterday as we were reading stories, you pointed to a triangle and shouted out Tranel. It took me a minute to realize what you were saying. I had to stop and really think about it and repeat the word in my head: Tranel, Tranel. I looked at the book and … TRIANGLE! I shouted. You smiled so proudly and my heart nearly exploded onto the page. You are so incredibly smart and it amazes me how much you’re learning, you’re remembering. How much you’re growing. Almost as fast as my love for you.

STOP

7 comments:

  1. Linked from the gypsy mama is me... :-)

    What an awesome and powerful thing to experience the love of a mother for her child. You write about it so beautifully. Thank you for sharing from your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious gift to give your child---such love expressed here. I hope you will save it for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me well up. Beautifully written and comes from such an awesome place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you said "as you grow, I grow". So true. I used to be afraid of my kids getting older, but as they have I've realized my love just grows with them :)
    (Oh and thanks for the compliment on my photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comment love, guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so get it! My little guy is around the same age I think, and it's CRAZY how much your heart can swell for that little being!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.