June 29, 2012

F.A.T. Friday

I'll be joining Ginger at (Not) Just Another Mom of Twins every Friday for her F.A.T. Friday.

6/22-Next Week's Suggested Topic: What’s your support system like? How do family and/or friends support or not support you? Do you reach out to strangers via message boards, blogs, etc.?


I’m SUPER lucky in that my husband eats low carb, too. I guess it’s a benefit of us both being obese- ha! J

Seriously though, I’m not sure where I’d be without that man. He got me into the LC lifestyle in 2004 when we both lost a ton of weight and he stuck by me all through the years and the up and down weight, even loving me when I was at my largest. I’m so very lucky to have him by my side because I’m not sure how or if I could succeed without his support. I mean, with a 2.5 year old, it’s kind of hard to eliminate all carbs so having your life partner by your side mimicking your habits is super amazing.

Also, I’ve found a lot of support through a low carb forum/message board I discovered back in 2004. I journal all of my food and weight and feelings toward it all over there so I feel like I’m being held accountable at all times. And the people there are all there for pretty much the same reason so the support is just truly wonderful.

I feel so lucky when I think about it. I mean, I feel lucky in so many aspects of my life, but having the support to change my life? Wow am I lucky. I should play the lottery!

WEIGHT: -17 Total/-3 from last week
EXERCISE: none
CHEATS: none
RANDOM THOUGHTS: Really wish I would’ve recommitted myself to this way of life sooner. I very rarely feel deprived and am never hungry after I eat, which makes eating LC so easy. It doesn’t hurt that this time around I’m OK with eating eggs and salads unlike last time.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a great support system in place and your success speaks volumes! Sorry I didn't get around to my post this week but I promise to next week...

    Thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.