June 18, 2012

Dream big

Ever since I was little, whenever I'd get near water, I'd get immersed in the views. There's just something so incredibly peaceful, calming about water... the motions of it, the shimmers of sparkle from the sky reflecting on the water, the way the seagulls dance and sing in the sky above, the way the water folds into the sky.

I would find myself being still for periods of time whenever around water. The world around me would become silent so that it was just me and the water, me and the sky.

I would dream about a future and wonder what was in store.

I would reflect on the past and hope for brighter days to come.

There's just something about the water that always summoned me, always made things better, always left me feeling rejuvenated.



I pray that Lovie discovers such a place if she needs it.

I pray for so much beauty and peace in her life.







16 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about water. Gorgeous picture and quote. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't water representative of maternal energy in dreams? So I've read...We all dream this for our children I think. It's such a beautiful dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture and that quote are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful picture and writing!
    I have always loved the mountains and now that we live in British Columbia I have the mountains and deep blue lakes here - it doesn't get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I think this is why we always choose vacation spots right on the water! It's one of the best views of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love (and swoon for) your quiet, beautiful place.

    And like you, I hope my children find they spaces, too!

    (Lovely post, you!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same about water and being near it. I love to sit by one of the lakes in our neighbor and watch the sun go down and just reflect and enjoy the beauty. Wonderful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish we were close enough to the beach for shots like this! It is a great location for day dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish those things for her as well. What an awesome picture of her gazing out over the ocean. The touch of whimsy in the oversized hat is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, what a gorgeous picture and I love the font you chose! I'm a water person too. There's nothing like listening to the sound of water (except the irritating sound of a dripping tap of course) Visiting from #memoriescaptured. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful post. I hope the same for my son, and sometimes feel guilty that I am raising him in the city. I was lucky enough to grow up around mountains and beaches- and I loved it. I really don't want him to be a city kid! I guess I should have thought of that sooner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're in the city, too (chicago); i think that's why the water speaks to me so much- because it's not everyday we get out there. don't feel guilty. i think many of us take everyday things for granted, making getaways like this photo from our little vacation even more special.

      Delete
  12. Love the picture and the words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally feel that way about water. And I love the words you put on the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. And I think we all pray for the same thing for all our children, no? *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true..I love the water too!
    Michelle
    http://normalchaosforamultitaskmom.blogspot.com/2012/06/work-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.