February 9, 2012

10 years

Ten years ago on this day, I was

...madly in love with this guy I met via an online personals ad he answered two year prior.

... kinda dreading turning 30.

... dreaming of a day when that guy would pop the question.

... dreaming of a day I'd become a mom.

... dreaming of a day I'd get the hell out of the dead end job I was in.

... worrying about, talking to on the phone with, and spending as much time on the weekends as possible with my little munchkin man booger butt 9-year-old nephew of mine.

... looking forward to when this guy I fell in love with would drive 70 miles out to my place on a Friday after work in horrendous Chicago rush hour traffic to be with me again.

... having lots of sex with this guy I fell in love with.

... unknowingly about to be surprised with a dream vacation to MAINE in October (prime foliage season, yo!) with that guy I fell in love with.

Life was pretty damn good 10 years ago. It was all still new and fresh. It wasn't anything like it is now, today, 10 years later. Nope.

Today... 10 years later... 
 all of my dreams have come true. 




What about you? What was up with you 10 years ago?

9 comments:

  1. Yeah for you! That is like a modern day fairy tale, right?! SO cool! And what a fun photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it all came together. And that picture? Pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story and even great outcome! Love the picture. My son used to love doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww : )

    10 years ago I had only known Kyle for a week exactly. I know it was right around then that I had one of those Irish wedding rings and we were in bed one morning (yeah, I slept over a lot!) when he turned it around like I was "taken."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want boots like Lovie! And I'm so glad your 10 years ago looks the way it does today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post and the picture is awesome! It's so wonderful to celebrate where we came from and where we are now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a great picture of you and your beautiful family. I love it and I love all that it means to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it amazing how life changes completely in just a few years??

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.