July 27, 2011

finding my Thing

About a month ago, I was seriously contemplating not blogging anymore. Something was missing for me... something just wasn't clicking. I wasn't sure what it was exactly, but I was just feeling very blah about it all. Couple that with the fact that I was feeling like I was relying on my Lovie for all of my happiness, and I was just not in a real good state of (blogging) mind. 
But then something happened.

People started chiming in more and more and one comment left kept echoing in my head and heart days later:
The beautiful and wonderful Peeper was absolutely right... I found my "thing" and it was staring me in the face the whole time I bitched and moan: WRITING.

Hello!?!

It's why I started blogging moons ago (at other blogs that have since been deleted for the most part) in the first place! To get shit out of my head. To express myself. Hell, it's what my college degree is in - Fiction Writing (it's actually a Bachelor of Arts with a concentration in Fiction Writing- gotta love those artsy colleges, heh).

So with that I found some great writing exercises to participate in the blogosphere via the likes of The Red Dress Club, Mama's Losin It!, and even through Shell's Pour Your Heart Out Wednesdays, and I started thinking and writing again.... About stuff other than just my Lovie.

And it felt/feels fantastic!

But it's because of the comments that it feels as good as it does. Getting confirmation that what I've written, fiction or not, has made some of you feel something is really awesome. It's fantastically wonderful, really. It makes me think that I'm sharing my stories, fiction or not, in a way that's relatable to the reader and that means something's working right. To me, at least.

So my whole point to this long ramble is to say Thank You. Very much. Your words, your thoughts, your feedback, your comments... it's lit a fire under my ass and I'm really digging the feeling as a result.

: )

10 comments:

  1. So true that as moms, we need our own space, our own thing - apart from the kids. Glad that you've found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, Mama HMR! thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to your post. Sometimes I forget why I started blogging in the first place, but it always comes back to it being a special thing just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I so agree! I have moments of "why do I do this? maybe I should just delete my blog and throw out my computer" and then I realize that I like having a place to get it all out... and I LOVE the relationships I've made through blogging- they get me through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same way recently - sometimes it can be demoralizing when you see other blogs with 2000 followers and you're trying to get to 50. I like to write as well. It's helped me through some tough moments recently and for that I'm grateful - I finally came to realize that blogging was for me in the end and not anyone else.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you didn't stop! I wouldn't have "met" you then. I love your blog...you are a great writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fanning the flames a little more...it's so very important to have something, somewhere of our own as moms. Yay! for sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that Peeper!

    I'm new to your blog, but I'm glad I found it! It's sounds like you have a passion for writing! It is such a therapeutic activity. So glad you plan on sharing!

    Stopped by from PYHO, Looking forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it that you are gaining speed! Go!! GO!!!

    But you'd have found your way with or without my comment. Mama, when something is burning inside you, it will find it's way out!

    P.S. Even when I can't comment, I am reading and cheering you on mightily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, thanks for posting this. I needed to hear Pepper's comment too! Glad you found yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.