September 28, 2010

Already?

Yes. I'm talking 1st Birthday already. Lovie'll be 9 months tomorrow, and I'm already thinking about her 1st birthday.

Truth be told, I've been thinking about it for quite some time. Some days I try not to think about it and just enjoy today because it really is going by in a flash. But more than not, I'm left here wondering about it. After all, what else is there to do at work? ;)

So a bit of a background- don't roll your eyes, this will be quick:
  • Lovie is our one and probably only child. I'm old, remember? And very tired
  • She's not Baptized or anything so we have NOT had any huge gathering since her birth
  • There are lots of family and friends who've never even met her even though we're all in the same vicinity
  • My parents are divorced and my dad isn't over this fact... even though it's been nearly 30 years already
  • Unless we make the gathering Lovie's Grandparents (and her one and only Great Grandparent) ONLY (or keep it just the three of us, which we'll do on her actual birthday regardless), we'd have to rent a place, which we're open to doing if need be
  • We live in Chicago. Lovie's birthday is end of December. Weather could be... who knows, really, but definitely not warm and sunny
OK so now check out the Poll over there on the left side of the page where Lovie's picture normally is and tell me what you think we should do. Please?

1 comment:

  1. Go big! She is only one once. Rent a place and do it up! (Then you can pull your hair out for a month like I did...) Truth be told, though, Bryce's party was so much easier than Rylie's because it was NOT at home. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

speak your mind.