January 3, 2014

twenty fourteen

It snowed on New Year's Eve. And all day New Year's day, too. And the day after (yesterday).

my girl making snow angels on jan 1 2014

Today is the first day in several where the sun is shining and snow is not falling.

That's not a complaint though. I freaking love this time of year.

New Year's Eve was nothing special. It never really is. I mean, it's just another day in the grand scheme of things. I'm not one to really make resolutions and all that crap. For me, it just marks a time when I need to remember to change the date. I don't live my life thinking, "Oh in the New Year I'm gonna get in shape... eat better... walk more... cry less... be a bigger/lesser bitch..." I try to do what I need to do each and every day and focus on that day as if it were my last.

Uh yeah... that's not entirely true. I mean, if I sincerely were living my life like today was my last day on earth, I doubt I'd be typing in this blog, I doubt I'd be sitting my fat ass down in front of this computer at work.

Nah, I'd be with this little chica instead:

New Year's Eve 2013

For sure.

She's what it's all about after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind.