March 9, 2010

What's the rush?

I need to stay off the baby message boards. I really, really do. And when I was home with Lovie, I very rarely entered that world... but now that I'm back at work, I'm sucked back in again. Gross.

The thing that's getting on my last nerve these days are the complaints. I just don't get it...and yet I kind of do because it just proves to me that many people just think they want a baby want a baby want a baby and don't really think much past the wanting. Like WHY they want a baby. Or, what happens AFTER the baby?!

Think people. Think!

Today on one of the boards I stupidly frequent, someone asked if she was the only one that was bored with the 0-3 month stage and if she was the only one wanting to fast forward a bit to when the baby gets more active.

This wasn't the first time I'd seen this type of message posted either. And no matter how many women chime in their reasons for feeling the same, I just don't get it. They grow SO incredibly fast. My babe, for example, is 10 weeks old already. The next thing I know, she'll be 10 Years old! Why not enjoy today while it's here?!

So I responded:

No, I get the feeling that a lot of girls on this board feel the same as
you... which I, for one, don't understand. Sure I love that my LO is getting
more and more of a personality and doing more, but I just love every single
moment with her so much - and for me, it's just flying by. I will never
wish that time go faster than it already is.
To which the original poster responded that she didn't see things that way and that I make a good point.

Um, Okay. I'm so glad that I, a complete stranger, could change your mind so easily about wanting to enjoy the moment today.

UGH. Like I said: I really need to stay off the damn baby message boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak your mind.