We didn't have a lot of time and I'm not really the crafitiest of people out there but we still did something... and I was super pleased with the results:
It's a card made from a thick piece of construction paper folded in half. On the outside I wrote HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and then I wrote a note that Lovie dictated. On the inside, Lovie hand wrote her name (and mine) opposite the craft: a vase holding flowers. All made with construction paper.
- I took three pieces of different colored paper and drew a bunch of different sized circles on them.
- Then I gave the paper to Lovie and had her cut out the circles.
- Then she took a big circle and dabbed some glue on it and covered the glue with a smaller, different colored cirlce; dabbed some glue on that circle and covered it with an even smaller, different colored circle.
- Once our flower heads were made, we glued them on to green pieces of construction paper folded and made to look like stems.
- The vase is another piece of paper cut out to look like a vase and glued on the sides and bottom. So the flowers are actually removable! : )
HOW FREAKING CUTE, RIGHT?